
House hunting is a difficult & emotional venture. I knew that getting into it, but like most any other thing, you can't really know until you're in the middle of it. Our next and most logical step is to get pre-approved. I know, you're probably thinking, "Why haven't you done that yet?!!!" I don't know! But, we're fixin' to!
One option that we've been thinking about is having one built. The obvious perk is that you get a whole lot of what you want and need. We'd like to start really small, like 4 basic rooms, and eventually build on as necessary. I just hope that the designer and contractor is willing to work with a small, no, miniscule budget. It'd be a challenge; maybe they'll be willing to take that sort of thing on? The have-nots want to live in a spectacular, GREEN pad, too!
There's a potluck with an Asian theme @ the Peek's this evening. Should be delicious! They've got a KILLER porch that is up in the trees, screened, and roomy. We've been so desperately busy that it will be lovely to sit down for a minute with friends. Maybe it'll rain? We need it for the impending float trip anyway.
Last night, I bought Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain. I don't know when I'll be able to crack it open, but I can't wait! I've been wanting to read some fiction.
I am looking forward to river revelations.
2 comments:
It's tempting to want to just start from scratch and build the house the way you want but it can be way more cost effective to buy and then remodel to suit your preferences. Especially right now while you get an $8,000 credit for buying.
Do you have a good realtor? We LOVED Laurel Lawrence at the Janet Jones Company. I can e-mail you her info, if you'd like. Hang in there! You'll find "the one." xo.
Post a Comment